Saturday, November 26, 2016

The engagement ring




When I was in the fifth grade, a boy in my class proposed to me and gave me an engagement ring with a nice big diamond.

I didn't like him very much and besides, I was upset at him for having made a spectacle of us, doing it on the school bus in front of all our schoolmates.

I assumed that the ring came from a Cracker Jack box, so when I got home, I flushed it down the toilet.

A few days later, the boy's mother, who was also a friend of my mother, called mom and in the course of their conversation, mentioned that her diamond ring had disappeared.

I don't think we ever told her what happened to it.



I just came across this video a few days ago, describing a similar story - I just love the laughing in the background:











No comments:

Post a Comment